Radiator change 98 dodge ram p/u

10-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Changed the radiator but now have a problem with the transmission fluid line that runs to the radiator. I can't seem to get it tight enough and it leaks. Is there a special tool for this?

10-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Which line? the bottom line does reqire a special release tool that is used for the gas lines.Check the bottom line for a nylon checkball,rubber hose part and get rid of it.Chrysler put that in and it was a huge mistake,plugs right up and will burn the transmission right up.Drill it out or run a long #2 phillips screwdriver through to get rid of that checkball.

10-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. It is definitely the bottom line. The transmission fluid leaks out after driving, a small amount, but still there. :smile: Is the special release tool called anything else?

10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
it is called a gasline release tool and most parts stores sell them as a set.

Add your comment to this topic!