Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1987 crx pgm-fi light on

eroc13
10-18-2008, 07:50 AM
The pgm-fi dash light comes on after my car is running for a few minutes. I looked at the ecu and the blinking lights dont correspond to any codes. I had a good mechanic look at it and he cant figure it out. He doesnt have a obd-1 code scanner and also they dont have it at autozone. What sensor or problems could cause this>

Figori
10-20-2008, 05:30 PM
If the lights are blinking, then there is an issue. There will be three sets of blinks. Try to count them and write them down. That is the only thing that will help.

lxndr
11-01-2008, 04:53 AM
click me -------->http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=236249

Your car is OBD-0 not OBD-1. This means there is no code scanner available; you have to look at the blinking lights on the ECU.

eroc13
12-17-2008, 09:54 PM
ok i looked at it again. i only have one led on my computer that is under the driver seat aka ecu. It blinks continously one time then a 4 second pause then another single blink. the only info i have found for a 1987 crx is for 4 leds and mine only has one. this car is a fuel injected si. i think the info i have been given was for a carbed car.i looked at the 88-91 i think codes and it says that one blink for those cars is oxygen deficiency which points toward the O2 sensor. what do you think?

lxndr
01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I think you have the wrong ECU in your car. Does your car have a motor swap? Where are you located (country, state, provence, etc)? Since you said the ECU is under the drivers seat I'm assuming you have a right hand drive (RHD) car because here in the US the ECU is located under the passenger seat (LHD). Knowing where you are located will help determine which motor and ECU should be in your car.

eroc13
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
sorry it took so long to write the fix for the problem. It was the oxygen sensor on the exhaust manifold. i replaced it and unconnected the battery and it works great now. no engine light. thanks all for your help:wink:

Add your comment to this topic!