Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 f350 2x4 fornt driver wheel sliding and clicking noise

phil trapen
10-16-2008, 07:38 PM
I have a 1994 f350 2x4 7.3 diesel with 302000 miles.If i raise my truck and turn the drivers front wheel i can hear a sliding noise like rubbing a piece of paper on concrete.When i drive the truck it starts out making like a click click and gets faster as i drive once i get about 50 mph i can't hear it anymore.Then when i start to slow down below 50 i start hearing it again,the slower i get the slower the clicking noise gets until around 5 or 10 mph it sounds like a sliding noise until i stop.about 4 years ago i put new ball joints and regreased the front bearings.I think it has been doing this before i changed the ball joints and greased the front bearings.Seems like the left front wheel is ok. i only put about 6000 miles per year on this truck to pull my camper.thanks phil. some times it also sounds like a bird chripping and sometimes like a clicking.:frown:

rhandwor
10-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Jack up the side with the problem. Remove the front wheel. Pull the caliper and hang it up with an old coat hanger. Rotate the front wheel if the noise goes away install a rebuilt caliper. Clean all guides and bleed the system.
If the noise is still present I would install new wheel bearings and a new greese seal. A tire or rim could also be rubbing but not likely unless you have oversize tires.

phil trapen
10-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Ok, i will try this at the end of this week,and let you know,Thanks for your help, without people like you i would be lost,thanks again,phil:lol2: Jack up the side with the problem. Remove the front wheel. Pull the caliper and hang it up with an old coat hanger. Rotate the front wheel if the noise goes away install a rebuilt caliper. Clean all guides and bleed the system.
If the noise is still present I would install new wheel bearings and a new greese seal. A tire or rim could also be rubbing but not likely unless you have oversize tires.

Add your comment to this topic!