Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 corsica,low gas mileage

esrman
10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Any hints as to how to improve gas mileage for this beast?

Schrade
10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Make sure fuel pressure is good, and check resistance of injectors. Both are easy tests, takes 5 minutes, and a pressure gauge and a multimeter.

esrman
10-15-2008, 03:04 AM
So what is the resistance of the injectors?

And the pressure of the fuel?

Schrade
10-15-2008, 09:51 AM
There a short video of the injector resistance test at www.forums.corvetteforum.com. It's a sticky thread in the 'C4 tech/performance' section. I can't link you direct, I got banned :mad: The guy who posted it is Jon Banner (commercial vendor), and you can easily get him there, and ask what the resistance should be.

He has a bunch of injector videos at youtube as user rbanner100

Checking the fuel pressure is like hooking up a bicycle pump to a tire. The valve is near where the [metal?] fuel line goes into the top of the motor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJF5Lli4xq8

He did not check the pressure BEFORE starting the motor (when you turn the key to ON, and hear the 'hum'). Make a note of pressure, bleed-down time (which tells if an injector is letting fuel go through when it isn't supposed to), and get the proper specs at the corsica book at the local library.

Good pressure means good fuel vaporization (if the injectors are working well), and MUCH better mileage. My vette gets 32mpg's on the highway (better than my little 6-cylinder Jimmy :eek: ), because it vaporizes fuel well.

esrman
10-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Boy you got me going on youtube.

I put in car repairs for a corsica and looked at injector,MAF sensor coolng system,etc repairs!

Thanks for the help.

I found the fuel pressure amount,also the resisitance of the injectors.

Add your comment to this topic!