Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FG0071 fuel pump part number

krik
10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
This is the part number for a 1997 4-door 4x4 4.3 "W" motor right?

The Delphi part number that is.

I have had 2 Airtex pieces of crap go out on me in less than 1 year. Time to do what I should have done in the first place.

MT-2500
10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
This is the part number for a 1997 4-door 4x4 4.3 "W" motor right?

The Delphi part number that is.

I have had 2 Airtex pieces of crap go out on me in less than 1 year. Time to do whT I should have done in the first place.

Carquest shows the FG0071 for the 4 dr.
FG0072 for 2Dr.

May come with a new wiring plugin.
If so solder the plugin wires on and seal with heat shrink and sealer..

Make your parts store have airtex refund money or apply it to the AC/Delphi pump and hit them with a labor claim.
Good Luck

krik
10-13-2008, 07:17 PM
I bought the pump via an online website. I requested a refund of my purchase price as well as the cost of the installation (2x), but to be honest i don't expect them to give me anything but an offer to get another Airtex pump. No way I am going to put another of those in my truck.

Thanks for the help, I think I have found a website that sells the pump for just under $300. I should hopefuly have the money by the end of the week (Just bought new Timken hubs last weekend and am broke at the moment).

MT-2500
10-14-2008, 09:03 AM
I bought the pump via an online website. I requested a refund of my purchase price as well as the cost of the installation (2x), but to be honest i don't expect them to give me anything but an offer to get another Airtex pump. No way I am going to put another of those in my truck.

Thanks for the help, I think I have found a website that sells the pump for just under $300. I should hopefuly have the money by the end of the week (Just bought new Timken hubs last weekend and am broke at the moment).

Check around at some of your local parts places.
AZ may have the pump at close to that price under the AC-Delco line.

It is a lot eaier to get a local parts place to make pump good and pay a labor claim.

Online may be a few dollars cheaper but shipping cost and getting a warranty on it is a lot harder from online parts places.

Good Luck

And right on with the Ac-Delco/Delphi pumps.
And good wheel bearings.

A side not.

I had a truck about a year ago I replaced 3 Airtex fuel pumps in a row before it got off the hoist.
All voltage and wiring was good just not pumping enough pressure to start truck.
I went to another parts place to get one from another batch.
It did start and run but still was under prressure.

My parts place sent the 3 bad pumps back to Airtex manf. for warrany.
Bad news.:lol2:
Airtex said all of them were good.:screwy: :crying: :banghead:

About 6 mo. later my local parts place paid 250$ labor claim on them.
They promised me they were going to switch over to the AC-Delco pump.

6 mo. later they are still pushing and stocking Airtex pumps.

Very slow learners:grinyes: .

Add your comment to this topic!