Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 LHS Overheating

rneill
10-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I have a 2001 LHS that is overheating. I have had it to 2 Automotive Shops, aprox $1000.00 each shop. One independent shop, one Chrysler dealer.

On 5-28-08 Independent shop replaced thermostat & gasket. check condition & test PSI of radiator cap. refill coolant system. Car overheated within 1 mile.

On 6-5-08 Independent shop checked fuses and found all fuses good, found cooling fans both working on low speed but when clicks on high the right fan does not work, left fan still works. When removing fan assembly found an engin oil cooler in radaitor right side fan not working, replaced Radaitor Fan Assembly.

Had to have car towed to dealer, overheating again.

On 10-6-08 Chrysler Dealer Found low on coolant, leaking radiator and water pump rear seals, replaced punp, timing belt, radiator and thermostat.

On 10-13-08 Car has overheating on my way to work. I drove aprox 10 miles from my home to my work, warning light on, gage all the way to the top. When I called Chrysler dealer they told me to have it towed there again and they would check it out but between both shops they have replaced everything there is to replace in the coolant system.

Can someone please help me?

mrwreckless
10-19-2008, 10:22 PM
did you check the oil cooler and oil cooler lines? i have a 2001 also and mine are leakin from both lines.

rneill
10-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Thank you for your reply. It actually turned out to be a factory defect, a hole had not been drilled to allow for the proper air flow. The mechanic said that is why when I turned on the heater it cooled down (because it was drawing air acorss the engine). It took another 12 to 15 hours to find it out and repair it but thankfully the dealer did not charge me for the labor that time. All toll I am out $2000 but I guess I have a new cooling system for the car that should take me quite a few more miles. Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!