Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 LHS Overheating

rneill
10-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a 2001 LHS that is overheating. I have had it to 2 Automotive Shops, aprox $1000.00 each shop. One independent shop, one Chrysler dealer.

On 5-28-08 Independent shop replaced thermostat & gasket. check condition & test PSI of radiator cap. refill coolant system. Car overheated within 1 mile.

On 6-5-08 Independent shop checked fuses and found all fuses good, found cooling fans both working on low speed but when clicks on high the right fan does not work, left fan still works. When removing fan assembly found an engin oil cooler in radaitor right side fan not working, replaced Radaitor Fan Assembly.

On 10-6-08 Had to have car towed to dealer, overheating again.
On 10-6-08 Chrysler Dealer Found low on coolant, leaking radiator and water pump rear seals, replaced punp, timing belt, radiator and thermostat.

On 10-13-08 Car has overheating on my way to work. I drove aprox 10 miles from my home to my work, warning light on, gage all the way to the top. When I called Chrysler dealer they told me to have it towed there again and they would check it out but between both shops they have replaced everything there is to replace in the coolant system.

Can someone please help me?

Hungrycat7
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Are they leaving air in the cooling system? Any air bubbles in there will get hot and cause the car to overheat. I don't see what else it could be if everything is brand new.

rneill
10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
No, no air in the cooling system. They have found the issue and have it all corrected now. A tube had not been drilled through from the factory so air was not flowing properly. Thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate it.

Add your comment to this topic!