Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rattling Noise When Accelarating Maxima

dcmaxima24
10-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Hello,

I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima with 95,000 miles. Recently, the vehicle started to make a rattling noice that comes from the engine when accelarating between 35-40 miles per hour. Also does it occasionally between 10-15 mph. When in neutral the engine revs great without a problem, but when put into Drive and accelarting it will make the rattling noise. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nahkapohjola
10-09-2008, 12:07 AM
... put into Drive and accelarting it will make the rattling noise.

...all depends on the noise: engine moves when revved, movement/engine angle differs how its loaded e.g. accel, decel, stationary---

Check exhaust piping, shields and attachments.

sparkeykev
01-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Hello,

I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima with 95,000 miles. Recently, the vehicle started to make a rattling noice that comes from the engine when accelarating between 35-40 miles per hour. Also does it occasionally between 10-15 mph. When in neutral the engine revs great without a problem, but when put into Drive and accelarting it will make the rattling noise. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
had a problem with cam followers once made a horrible noise at times use engine flush in oil then change oil and filter use hi grade oil best you can afford then add additive like pro ma
hope this is some help

supermaxima
01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I had same problems. I use to get the rattling noise on hills. Eventually I got error codes which suggested MAF sensor.
Since then the rattling noise has almost gone.

Add your comment to this topic!