2001 jetta 1.8t epc light problems

aero616
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Hello

I have a 2001 vw jetta 1.8t. i have had similar problems with my car. ever since i got the car the epc light has come on and off after taking it into the dealership several times. previous work thats been done to my car: replaced suc jet pump still didnt work, so took it to a different dealership and they replaced the ecm - worked for a couple weeks then failed. next visit - replaced loose hose clamp to turbo boost supply hose. worked for another couple week. next visit - replaced mass air flow sensor. worked for a couple months. went to a local mechanic and had the check engine light error codes printed. codes 17965-turbo pressure control limit exceeded 17705-turbo/throttle valve pressure loss 16705- secondary air system fault. next visit to the dealership - replaced throttle body. worked for 4 or 5 months. now the epc light still on. engine rev's up and down when in idle i have no power to the throttle i can press the peddal down and nothing happens engine doesnt rev.

any help would be appreciated i'm pretty over this car and would like to get it fixed so i can sell it

Add your comment to this topic!