Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Grand Cherokee help

dss56
10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm getting a bad idle in drive from the 650 to a low of about 400 when i come to a stop. This happens when the car heats up. I removed the IAC and cleaned it seem to help. Did this about 2-3 times then within a week or 2 the idle problem is back. Does anyone know what the measurement should be for the new IAC should be for a 2002 4.7?

Next

The directionals are intermittent on the 2002. Sometime they will work while I drive then they will stop working. Sometimes when I start the vehicle in the morning they will not work. The emergency flashers will work ok. I checked all fuses and relays to make sure all are seated correct in sockets. The actual handle in the steering column is tight and everything else works. Could it be something in the steering column? When this happens both sides don't work. Any suggestions?

Bob D.
10-08-2008, 01:35 AM
I'm getting a bad idle in drive from the 650 to a low of about 400 when i come to a stop. This happens when the car heats up. I removed the IAC and cleaned it seem to help. Did this about 2-3 times then within a week or 2 the idle problem is back. Does anyone know what the measurement should be for the new IAC should be for a 2002 4.7?

The voltage specs are in the factory manual, but it sounds like the IAC is bad.

Next

The directionals are intermittent on the 2002. Sometime they will work while I drive then they will stop working. Sometimes when I start the vehicle in the morning they will not work. The emergency flashers will work ok. I checked all fuses and relays to make sure all are seated correct in sockets. The actual handle in the steering column is tight and everything else works. Could it be something in the steering column? When this happens both sides don't work. Any suggestions?
Could be the multifunction switch, jiggle it around and move the steering wheel up/down, if equipped with adjustable steering wheel - lots of connections inside.

dss56
10-08-2008, 06:26 AM
The measurement I'm looking for is the length from the body of the IAC to the Tip of the IAC. I read in another post that you can move the cone shaped piece and adjust in or out with a height adjustment. Just need that for the 2002 4.7 engine. Will this info come with the new one?

Also thanks for the replys

Bob D.
10-08-2008, 07:34 AM
There is no such adjustment/measurement in the manual and they're not adjustable unless someone did some hacking, and I highly recommend against it - simply no need - if it's bad replace it.
A new IAC does not require any manual adjustment; the PCM will self adjust the idle after a short time when a new one is installed.

Add your comment to this topic!