Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Mark VIII elctrics cut out randomly!

djvsmarkviii
10-07-2008, 03:49 AM
Hi Guys,
I really need help with this one. I've got a 97 Mark VIII that run great until recently when it started to have the all the electrics cut out randomly. I describe it like a lightning power strike in your home. Everything brieghly cuts out and comes back on. The car dies during that time. Usually for a second. It started a month ago and would happen once maybe twice a week. This morning I barely made it to work. It was cutting out every couple of seconds. It made no difference if I was stopped or going 65mph. No service engine light is on. Like I said before, when it is not doing this it runs great. I really need help guys. Any suggestions?

djvsmarkviii
05-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Well my post haws been on here for a while and nobodys has responded.
Upon closer examination of battery cables I noticed that the positive cable curls behind the back edge of the battery housing very tightly and has severe rubbing wear marks into the protective sheathing.

RazzInPA
02-07-2012, 10:18 PM
just to say i have heard of this occuring due to an alarm issue

spree
04-13-2012, 11:03 PM
just to say i have heard of this occuring due to an alarm issue I'll bet Razz is right! Remove alarm mod and see what happens! I've had this car for 13 years and seen everything .....I hope!....Is rug wet on passenger side when it rains?

Add your comment to this topic!