Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cyp sensor help

tonybeanybaby
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
:crying: damnit i got everything new from my cylinder position sensor and the cylinder rotor and still getting the same engine code does anyone know how far the cylinder rotor should be from the sensor
i have a 91 crx si with a zc motor it starts runs but has no power did the research and always come up with the same answer cyp sensor problems the sensor is on the exhaust side of the motor not in the distributor is there a way i can eliminate the sensor on that side of the motor and cap it off help please the car has been down for 11 monthes now please please please help could it possibly a short in the lines

somick
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I would do the diagnostics according to FSM.

See if that will help:

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/Accord93/pdf/62sN700.pdf?flv=9

Good luck,

Sam

nanner
10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
stupid question, do you have the book for your car? you can buy one at the parts store,everything you need to know step by step

tonybeanybaby
10-07-2008, 11:31 PM
i cant find the manual for the zc motor thats the first thing i looked for any help please

nanner
10-08-2008, 01:55 AM
tony,
my husband who has approx. 2500 school hrs in auto repair says that the new sensor must be faulty. Did you know that your suppose to unhook your red battery cable before you did any work on these kinda of cars. He said Honda would not have put the sensor where they did if you were going to have to move it,but just in case you can call a dealership, ask for a Service Writer ask him if they had any kind of recalls on your sensor and or rotor. Or
wait until lunch or later in the day put on some mechanic or salesmen looking clothes and just wonder into the big shop at the dealership,the best mechanic will have the most cars in front of his tools.Good Luck. Please let us all know. You can go to www.allexperts.com it really is free, i bet you get an answer.

tonybeanybaby
10-08-2008, 09:50 AM
this is the second sensor i really think its the wiring maybe i pulled a little too hard when i origanally took it off i dont know im ready to scrap the whole damn car i doubt its the sensor not 2 of them:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!