Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

odd radio time reset

t_haynes
10-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Greetings...

I have a strange problem with the radio time resetting in two Park Avenue cars. One is a '96 and the other is a '98. I go out in the morning and after starting a car, the time sometimes resets to 1 AM. The cars start readily, and the station presets are retained.

For me at least the odd things is that it has happened in both cars. It also only happens on the first start of the day, and it does not always happen.

Thanks for any insight... Tom

t_haynes
10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
For what it is worth, it happened on the '98 this morning but not the '96. I am scratching my head...

BNaylor
10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
How old are the batteries?

t_haynes
10-09-2008, 07:51 PM
The '96 PA was bought this spring to replace a Lesabre my wife crunched. I sold a Cadillac and bought the '98 PA in June. Both the batteries have 95 scratched off for the year, but that is all I have to go on. I only know that because I suspected it might be low voltage after a start as the nights start to cool down. A 3 yo battery should have some life left, and they start readily enough...

Do you think this is worth having the batteries checked at Auto Zone or someplace?

BNaylor
10-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Do you think this is worth having the batteries checked at Auto Zone or someplace?

Sure. The testing is free. Plus they can check out the complete charging system just to be sure.

t_haynes
10-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Well...

Advance Auto put the '98 through various diagnostics and said the charging system passed all of them. The battery is fine. This clock reset is irritating, but it is not a show stopper I guess.

Thanks... Tom

Add your comment to this topic!