Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Automatic Transsmision

Krisekca
10-02-2008, 08:54 PM
So i have this problem

I drive 60 I slow down .. Car will down shift one gear ... and I Accelerate I can hear rattling/grinding for 1-2 second . ( car shifts up ) ( noise is not laud )

Car is equipped with shiftronic .. so i went for a ride .. i engaged gear 3. slowed accelerated no noise ... i tried same thing on 2nd.... same no noise ..

So is it possible that transmissive is broken in Automatic mode ... but working in Manual aka TRIPTRONIC/SHIFTRONIC ?

PRCIVIC
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Well, this is kind of hard to diagnose when not driving the car but i will try to drive you to see if we can find the problem, first in the automatic mode the pcm controls the electronic solenoids located the valve body inside the transmission (by closing and opening the solenoids directs the transmission fluid to upshift and downshift) and in manual mode you control those solenoids, so it means that there is nothing broken inside the tranny. Try to check the drive shafts, i have changed some of them with internal problems, or check for a broken motor mount, this cars have a motor mount in front of the engine that is filled with a stinky and black fluid, if the front of the engine is stained, the motor mount is broken, check for those easy things first then let me know!

Add your comment to this topic!