Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 grand cherokee erractic idle

peach17314
10-02-2008, 05:58 PM
i have a 93 grand cherokee 4.0 liter automatic runs really rough at all speeds at idle or driving pops into the exhaust and throttle body when i drive it it has no power i have replaced the map sensor crank sensor ,ecm, distributor,fuel pump,fuel filter,plugs plug wires it has cost me alot of money so please if anyone has had this problem before or might know what the problem is please let me know i have had it to 4 garages and they cant find the problem

mrkemper
02-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I have the same thing going on with my 97 grand cherokee larado.when i start it in the morn before work i go back in the house and it sounds like someone is in it,it will rev up then sound like its going to stall spit an sputter and then it will run fine.I have noticed when it does this it runs realy realy rich.I have had it hooked to the computer at the local garage 3 times and it pulls no codes nor is my check engine lite on.The motor surges the hole time when taking off will back fire through throttle body I mash the gas pedal a couple of times and then it will take right off(with the surge still there)and it is driving me f@#*ing nuts.I have not replaced anything yet because i do not know what it is. (my email is jlrotten@yahoo.com anything you find out please email an if you give me your email i will do the same)I have read every post in here looking for answers and found none and you have the exact same problem i have:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!