89 ford probe

peacin
10-02-2008, 12:19 AM
yea i have a 89 ford probe.see one day i was driving and i started loosing power.so i started flooring it.same thing yea it will go but there is no power.so i starded looking at it and i thought it was the hose between my mass air flow sensor and my fuel injector(whatever you want to call it)but anewayse thats were i had poblems before.i bought a new one so im good on that.ill crank my car it will start.rev kinda low.you smash the gas it will cut off. but if you kinda press it gently it will rev high. i started ajusting the distibutor cap it kinda helped but not really after that it will rev high with me pressing the gas gently but it will cut off.

im stuck and i need help

troyfromkamilla
11-05-2008, 08:46 AM
yea i have a 89 ford probe.see one day i was driving and i started loosing power.so i started flooring it.same thing yea it will go but there is no power.so i starded looking at it and i thought it was the hose between my mass air flow sensor and my fuel injector(whatever you want to call it)but anewayse thats were i had poblems before.i bought a new one so im good on that.ill crank my car it will start.rev kinda low.you smash the gas it will cut off. but if you kinda press it gently it will rev high. i started ajusting the distibutor cap it kinda helped but not really after that it will rev high with me pressing the gas gently but it will cut off.

im stuck and i need help

Sounds like a vac leak. Check your throttle body boot for cracks.

FORDGUY09
12-08-2008, 06:28 AM
check your mass air flow sensor i had the same problems with mine when i first bought it

Add your comment to this topic!