Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air rushing sound when cold

sgbuick
10-01-2008, 04:04 PM
My 01 Lesabre has started making a loud noise like air rushing in the driver's side eng. compartment, happens when cold and slowly goes away in a few minutes as the car warms up. It's a continuous noise that usually goes away within 3-5 minutes. Anyone experience this issue?

stripe
10-01-2008, 09:40 PM
My 01 Lesabre has started making a loud noise like air rushing in the driver's side eng. compartment, happens when cold and slowly goes away in a few minutes as the car warms up. It's a continuous noise that usually goes away within 3-5 minutes. Anyone experience this issue?

to me it sounds like your vents are not working right.

Most likly a small vaacuum hose is loose or worn.
They use vacuum to open and close.

Cheers
Stripe

Jrs3800
10-02-2008, 07:03 AM

What you are hearing is the IAC channel in the TB as the IAC will be open to allow air to pass as the PCM wants the engine to idle up a bit till it warms a hair.. These air boxes are baffled to these cars quiet... In most cases you shouldn't hear the Hiss

Add your comment to this topic!