94 eldo code problems Help Please

mfre1111
09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
It has the northstar engine. It has a couple of codes. 1 is a code for the cam position sensor. It says it has no reference. I have replaced the sensor. If I am correct it is the sensor on the front of the engine right by the oil pressure sensor. there are 2 sensors there. I replaced them both and it still has the same code. Does anyone know about these and what may be the problem? I used caddie parts, not aftermarket. OK now on to the next code. It is for the cruise control. It says cruise control position sensor. I have replaced the servo (with the rubber boot) complete. It still has the same code. Any help here would be appriciated. I love this car but it wont go through emmisions with the light on. Help PLEASE!!!:banghead: I did clear the codes and they come right back!

maxwedge
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Post the exact code and I can get into the GM code detail definitions site.

mfre1111
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
sorry it took so long but I got the codes.
1. P065-no camshaft reference signal
2. P041-cruise control servo position sensor
It also came up with another code (137) loss of TCS serial data.
I don't know what that is at all. maybe the information center or something.
It also says engine oil less on the information center. I am thinking that it is saying it has too much oil or something because it is just a little bit (like a pint) too full because of an oil additive. thank you in advance

maxwedge
10-08-2008, 07:45 PM
None of those numbers show in my info, numbers are missing, all codes are 4 digits.

mfre1111
10-09-2008, 09:23 PM
ok then the code on the system is reading wrong and it would then be
#1 PC0065 -no camshaft reference signal
#2 PC0041 -cruise control servo position sensor

maxwedge
10-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Go to caddyinfo.com they have all the code definitions for your car. A full scan will tell you if you have a cam sensor input problem, but they are problematic. Does your cruise work?

DFBonnett
10-12-2008, 03:13 PM
mfre,
P041 points to the ignition control module. You can get that tested before you spend the money to replace it.

Add your comment to this topic!