89 Amigo-no-start

spfld03
09-29-2008, 09:17 PM
I have an 89 Amigo with a no start condition. I believe this is a 2.3 liter, it is muti-port fuel injected. The problem started with stalling out after engine reached operating temperature. I checked to see if it was firing, it wasn't, so replaced the coil. that didn't help. After driving it a few weeks it quit completely and will not start at all. I replaced what the parts place said was
the ignition module( a small 2x3 finned aluminum and plastic component that is located under rear of intake manifold), that didn't help either. I also replaced distributor with reman from NAPA. It will fire now but still no start. I did take distributor out and noticed while spinning it with noid light on #1 injector, it would pulse for 5-6 times and then loose its pulse. After you let it set for a minute it will return pulse for 5-6 more times ect. If I hook it all up and try to start, It sounds like its out of time. I'm sure I timed the dist. up right, but that still doesn't explain the injectors loosing their pulse. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Add your comment to this topic!