help me please

pauljuneau
09-29-2008, 10:23 AM
im not big on repairing autos... but ive been around the block and my jeep has me puzzled. i have a 06 jeep wrangler x , and all is well.... until i hei 50 mph, then the vibration starts from the front driver side.... when i hit around 57 mph, it smoothes out and the vibration is gone... i have changed the tires, rotors, and brakes... i will get a front end alignment soon, but im not sure thats my only problem. i have yet to take the jeep off road.... and ideas????

4x4grey88
10-31-2008, 12:27 AM
im not big on repairing autos... but ive been around the block and my jeep has me puzzled. i have a 06 jeep wrangler x , and all is well.... until i hei 50 mph, then the vibration starts from the front driver side.... when i hit around 57 mph, it smoothes out and the vibration is gone... i have changed the tires, rotors, and brakes... i will get a front end alignment soon, but im not sure thats my only problem. i have yet to take the jeep off road.... and ideas????
Most call the vibration DW (Death Wobble) and it usually happens at a particular speed (around 50+ MPH) and is usually fixed by getting a front alignment. Jeep alignments only allow 1/8" error factor and shows itself with DW.

get the alignment done.

myjeep
11-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Check the post for Deathwobble
or just go to this site:
http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/articl....jsp?id=261532 (http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=261532)

ToddzjeepTJ99
11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
WHat's next if the wobble is still there...new tires, ballanced, allignment, steering dampener??? I keep replacing stabilizer links to the sway bar because the vibration is still there. I am about to replace the axel rods and bearings and seals. hmmm???

Thanks,
Todd

fredjacksonsan
11-22-2008, 08:25 AM
WHat's next if the wobble is still there...new tires, ballanced, allignment, steering dampener??? I keep replacing stabilizer links to the sway bar because the vibration is still there. I am about to replace the axel rods and bearings and seals. hmmm???

Thanks,
Todd

Todd, it's probably best to start a new thread. BUT, that said, do a search under death wobble in this forum and there are many threads. BTW, please include the year and mileage of your Jeep when asking questions.

If you have some mileage on your Jeep, you could have some worn steering parts.

Add your comment to this topic!