Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

unable to obtain clear title

ladyinmyhead
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Ok, this is a tough one. way back in March I bought a truck from a used car dealership. Obtained a loan thru one of the dealership lenders and was on my way. I waited and waited for my plates and in the mean time the dealership went under. I was informed by a letter that the extended warranty that was included in the loan was not paid, but the worst thing is....the dealership never paid the place where they bought the truck and there is a lien on my vehicle. I cannot get a clear title. The bank wants me to keep paying my loan, but I am afraid to even drive the truck. I don't know what to do. The lender is not helping me at all. Any advise would be great.

Ray paulsen
09-29-2008, 04:55 AM
The DMV should be able to provide you with some answers, if not here is a link for your location " California " that you can get a free online review.
I have had dealings with them in the past http://www.rosnerandmansfield.com/case_review.html

If you don't get a free answer to solve this problem let me know, and I will solve it for you " whatever you do, dont commit to pay any kind of fee "

PS... In my area you would have been covered 100% as dealers pay into a fund that covers the consumer should the dealer go bankrupt, but I don't know about CA

ladyinmyhead
09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
The DMV should be able to provide you with some answers, if not here is a link for your location " California " that you can get a free online review.
I have had dealings with them in the past http://www.rosnerandmansfield.com/case_review.html

If you don't get a free answer to solve this problem let me know, and I will solve it for you " whatever you do, dont commit to pay any kind of fee "

PS... In my area you would have been covered 100% as dealers pay into a fund that covers the consumer should the dealer go bankrupt, but I don't know about CA

Thanks for the reply. I e-mailed the law firm and they cannot help due to the dealership already being out of business. So what do you suggest? We are about to give the truck back to the bank.

Ray paulsen
09-30-2008, 10:01 PM
First let me tell you I am not impressed with the answer you got from the link, goes to show no big bucks to be made , swim on your own, thats lawyers for you.

I know your in your rights, I have some avenue's for you to check out, I need to fully understand what has transpired , if you want, send me a private message with your phone # and best time to call, I got free calling through out North America.

Add your comment to this topic!