Page updated on 11-17-2017

Newbie Upgrades 98 Integra GS-R STOCK

10below
09-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Advice needed...I'm a total newbie. What should I do to my stock 98 Integra GS-R?

The story: I've owned my stock 98 Integra GSR all these 10 years, 86K miles, and love it so. But the performance is not like it used to be, and I'm way due for a timing belt replacement which got me thinking...Why not do some upgrades and come out with some killer performance. I don't race, and I'm not looking for anything flashy. (I don't need people to look at my car and drool.) I just want it to perform alongside some new cars (like the RSX).

What I want: First and foremost, KILLER 0 to 60 acceleration. Second, SWEET power when I'm already up to speed (the power needed to go from 70 to 80 for passing). Third, GOOD handling on curves. Fourth, braking (as needed to keep me safe). Fifth, top speed (not very important to me since I don't race - at max I go 90 on the highway). Last, the extras (fancy tail-lights, etc).

So, if I was to spend $5000...what should I do? How about $10,000? $15,000?
At what point would socking more $ into my Integra not be worth it?
And lastly, hypothetically, if I had to choose between upgrading my Integra now, or just waiting and buying a Porsche Cayman S in a couple years...what should I do?

Thanks all for your input!

pithi69
11-02-2008, 06:23 PM
I would atleast do headers/exhaust & intake. Most NOOBs already have that done..

R32GTRLegend
11-21-2008, 09:02 PM
yea, intake, header, exhaust, then balance it out wit some cams, adjustable cam gears and better fuel system (highflow fuel rail, bigger injectors, etc) and upgrading the ignition, iridium plugs and msd coils etc...if you want to get a little more power out of it, go 2 a dyno and adjust your ignition and cam timing and u could squeez out 2-3 more hp. for brakes, get slotted n drilled rotor, and some high performance brake pads, stainless steel braided brake lines, the gsr comes wit decent brakes from the get go. suspention, id get tiens basic coilover system its fairly cheap and make sure you get adjustable chamber arms you need them if you lower your car 2 the point where your tires start wering out. btw it you do get bigger injectors, u might have 2 get a chip to let you adjust the size or a full standalone ecu. hope that helps start you out.

gulloa
05-04-2009, 05:46 PM
honestly if you are going to spend the money on headers and intake and cams and pulleys, and fuelrails, and filters, and gaskets, and seals......etc. just but and b18c5 OBD2 type R engine look for it on tigerautoparts.com and get the rest later you will easily go from pushing 175 to almost 210 hp and thats only stock... brakes well you might want to go with some brembos drilled and sloted but you need to buy the kit along with the calipers and for even better breaking buy some platnium filled ceramic break pads... there are somewhat expensive but they are worth every penny... and looks well you might want to check andysautosport.com and just enter your make and model and it will give you abouch of links to go from there.. hopefully it helped good luck and happy tunning.... 8-)

Add your comment to this topic!