Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blend door only moves to Hot

98Jimmym4n
09-27-2008, 06:21 PM
98 GMC Jimmy with automatic climate control.

Long story but to sum it up i had to replace my battery one day and after that my blender door would go hot cold hot cold over and over again. So i pulled out the blender motor checked it out and it has the cracked gear issue.
So at the time I didn't have the money so I left it disconnected and on Cold. Finally I get around to buying the motor and install it now the door moves to hot and stays there. I can take the motor out move the motor to cold setting and plug motor back in and it just moves to hot. Every time I do this it just moves to hot regardless of what the knob is set to on the dash. Do you know of any other components that can cause this issue besides the automatic ac control unit in the dash? I'm trying to avoid having to buy that because its 300 bucks. I was thinkin could it be the sensor that mounts to the outside of the coil box in under the hood. Because I did have one of solder joints go bad on it and I took it apart and fixed that but maybe its not functioning properly. I don't know what the part is called but it has ITT written on it.

MT-2500
09-27-2008, 07:49 PM
You might try the relearn on it.
Pull fuses to it and also raido RDO fuse or try a battery disconnect.

If that does not do it get a good aAC/heater control scanner on it and test it out with scanner and check for codes.
Post back any codes.

98Jimmym4n
09-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I tried the battery disconnect multiple times already with no luck. What kind of scanner reads a/c codes. Do you know if the scanners they use at autozone or advanceauto read them?

Thanks

MT-2500
09-28-2008, 10:25 AM
AZ and parts place scanners will not do it.
Usually they are only OBD11 scanners.
You will need a high end high dollar scanner capable of reading HVAC and body computer codes.
For a one time test find a repair shop or dealer with the high end scanner.
Post back any code no. you get.
Also.
Check all vacuum and power feeds and ground to the ac/heater controls.
And recheck the sensor you repaired but it does not sound like a ac/heater sensor..
Good Luck
Is everything except tempt control working good?

Add your comment to this topic!