Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

got problems and not alot of cash

bigd7315
09-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I got a 93 jeep grand cherokee 4.0 auto with 175k on it motor was rebuilt 35k ago it gets poor milage around 12 city it doesn't have the power it should I have done new cap rotor wires and plugs new fuel filter and it is steadily getting worse it runs fine for a while then when you go to take off from a light it just boggs down like half power you can floor it and when it gets over 300 rpms it usually takes off then when it shifts it will bogg right down again till 3000 rpms again don't know alot about jeeps I am a chevy man would rather have a s10 blazer with the 4.3 any day but this is what I got and got to get it running right I read the heads where bad to carbon up so I did the marvel mystery oil and drove it around a little bit with slight improvement I also gutted the cat thinking it was clogged this jeep was a roll over and has been repaired it has other issues to like the windows only the driver switch works the windows except one it doesn't work at all if you press the driver switch and window rolling down and if someone hits there switch it will stop the window from moving the over head console isn't working either and the horn doesn't blow and the abs light is on but the brakes stop fine any help on any of these problems will be appreciated

Add your comment to this topic!