Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Blazer Cv Boots & Wiper Q's

skooterbum
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
I Recently Got This Vehicle And Need To Fix A Few Things. First Is A Split Cv Boot. What's The Recommendation For Servicing The Joint When There Are No Noises Or Signs Of Grease Being Slung. If There Was Any Grease The Dealer Probably Cleaned It Up Before Putting It On The Lot. Also Can Someone Give A Play By Play On The Replacement Of The Boot / Half Shaft ?? Are There Any Specialty Tools Needed And Are There Split Boots Available For These Things ??
My Windshield Wipers Have A Mind Of There Own. Most Of The Time They Work Just Fine, But Once In A While When I Set Them To Intermittent Setting They Run Full Time On The Low Speed. They Will Go From The Low To High Full Time Setting But No Intermittent. Then When I Try To Turn Them Off They Keep Going. I Have To Turn The Vehicle Off To Get The Wipers To Stop. I Am Leaning To The Circuit Board But Would Appreciate More Experienced Opinions.
Thanks In Advance For Any And All Help Here
Ron

wafrederick
09-21-2008, 09:35 PM
The easier way is to replace the whole axle and save time doing this instead of replacing the boots.Most shops don't replace the boots anymore and put in new axles instead.This is what most parts store will tell you.

old_master
09-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Stay away from split boot repair kits. They're a complete waste of time and money. If you have a problem with a front drive axle shaft, replace it with a remanufactured halfshaft. Here is the procedure: http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairGuide.htm?pageId=0900c1528008f4a8

The wipers most likely need the pulse board replaced. The solder joints on the printed circuit board crack and cause a poor connection. Here is a link to the replacement module: http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=DOR&MfrPartNumber=88136&PartType=2040&PTSet=A

skooterbum
09-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks For The Reply's And Link's.
What's Your Thoughts On Replacing One Side Only Compared To Doing Both Axle Shafts ?? I Am Thinking Since I Am Already In The Middle Of Doing 1, I Just As Well Do Them Both. Also Thinking It's Kind Of Like Doing A Brake Job, We Do The Whole Axle As Compared To Only Doing 1 Side.
Ron

wafrederick
09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Replace the one is bad and inspect the other one if it is good still.The old axle does have a core charge on it,some are more than the axle is

Add your comment to this topic!