Airbag light on

sana
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
1999 E250 Econoline V6.Start the engine-after few sec. all lights go off but wenn i start driving Airbag light commes on.There is no code to read.Plese help.Thank you.

familyfarm
09-26-2008, 07:03 AM
1999 E250 Econoline V6.Start the engine-after few sec. all lights go off but wenn i start driving Airbag light commes on.There is no code to read.Plese help.Thank you.

Hi when the light comes on, does it flash? If it does count the sequence of flashes, this is the code. I have had a similar situation. On my van it was the air bag sensor (right rail sensor to be exact) There were two problems, the sensor was bad, and the ground to the sensor(a ground strap from frame to body near the sensor) had corroded. I picked up a new sensor on E-Bay at fraction of the cost that Ford wanted. Another problem that sometimes occures is the clock spring goes bad. The clock spring is the component in the steering wheel that makes and keeps contact as you turn the wheel. If there is a problem at this location, your best bet is bring it to someone who is familar with steering wheel removal. Good luck, write back to let us know how you make out.

amplifier28
01-01-2009, 09:03 PM
i have a 1994 e-150. air bag light blinks and cruise control does not work, but horn does work. bad clockspring?

Add your comment to this topic!