Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Unhappy with new Forester Limited

majesticmike
09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
I Just drove my new 2009 Forester Ltd home from the dealer, I was happy with my new car until arriving home, when my wife wanted to ride as a passenger, before driving it herself. Well, at first the passenger seat was too low for her, so while trying to find the seat height adjustment, she realized that there was none. Who checks that out during a test drive? I called the dealer and he confirmed our discovery. He also said that there a few "quirks" in this new model re-design, and this was one of them. Of course, he didn't mention it until the lease was signed.The passenger seat does not have a height adjustment. I find that to be ridiculous. I rode as a passenger and felt as if I was sitting in a "hole". Any one riding in that seat looks and feels very uncomfortable. One would assume that this deluxe model would include a height adjustment for the front (leather with warmer) passenger seat, Or, at least, provide an optonal 8-way power passenger seat. I contacted Subaru, asking if there something that Subaru can do to remedy this design deficiency? "Nothing". I'm S.O.L.

This is a leased car, I'm stuck for three years

Jimmy Olsen
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
The seat gains height as you move it closer to the front. My wife is 5' and she has never complaint about the passenger seat height and she has it all the way back. Buy a seat cushion.

Add your comment to this topic!