Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 1500 no driver's heat

divemaster
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Hello,

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with great heat on the passenger side, great AC everywhere, great air flow everywhere but NO HEAT on the driver's side. I have checked all of the actuators that I can find (x4) - and all move... but there is no heat coming out of the driver's side floor, vents or any defrost (passenger or drivers).

Please help!!!!!!

Shane (mechanic)

hodgetts@amtelecom.net

angus10
09-20-2008, 10:56 AM
You say they move? How did you check them? By hand or by moving the switches on the dash? You can also check the vacuum hoses out under the hood (passenger side going into firewall) and trace them to the back of the control mudule, and there is one or more check valves on them. Sounds like the blend door is broke though. And the only way to fix it is to remove the whole heat/ac box from the vehicle. So check the hoses first. And I suppose you could have mice in there clogging it up if the truck has sat a while.

divemaster
09-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks for your reply. The door motors are electrically powered and I moved the dials, watched the actuators and all..Very confusing!

divemaster
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
To all who run into this one - the air ducting picks up heat from the heater core from two places on the heater core. The passenger side from one place, the driver's side - another.
After checking all of the electric motor acutators for the duct doors, I put it all back together.. no dice..

I back flushed the heater core - and it came out pretty black and brown. The truck only has 120 thousand kilometers on it - so that was a surprise. After topping everything up - I have heat everywhere.

I have seen lots of posts on other sites about this issue - never a fix. So - there it is!

Thanks,

Shane

truckbro
07-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Guys! I found a kit that repairs the broken blend door problem with no dash removal and takes about an hour. The kit is called the HeaterTreater and they have installation videos on youtube. check it out: www.heatertreater.net

Add your comment to this topic!