Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 prelude fuel problem!

eurobeaner
09-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I have been helpin my buddy with his 96 prelude we put a h22a4 an it cause when he bought it it had a f22 cause the guy blew up the original h22 in it ok so here is the problem.

We put the motor in and hooked everything up and relized it wasnt getting any spark well we fixed that with a new coil. then we relized that it was dumpin fuel not just a little more then usual but whole lot. when you crank it over to try and start it gas starts running out from the bottom of the header. i have done my share of swaps but never really seen anything like this so might anyone here know what is going on with it. Any help would be awesome thanks.

Scrapper
09-18-2008, 12:56 AM
dumping gas on the headers don't no why but it coiuld be injectors not getting right code from swapping moters? you might have wrong computer throwing it off. just went threw that on this thunder bird. i had to chane oil pan harmotic ballancer exsaust manafold all kinds of crap.but sounds like you never changed or plugged this in or that in? did you find wires on that motor that there was no plug in? if there all plugged in then i dono mabe computer.

eurobeaner
09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
yeahh its the right computer and yes there are plaugs that are not plugged in but every sensor is plugged in and theres no where for the extra plugs to go.

Scrapper
09-18-2008, 07:32 PM
you cant tell where gas is coming from i dono unless the fuel pumps are diffirent. or maybe your headers are causing it?

eurobeaner
09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
the fuel is comin out of the header from inside the motor. the only thing thats on it thats not right is that we dont have the cap nut that goes on top of fuel line that bolts onto the fuel rail but we made something that is temporary and will work so any other ideas.

Scrapper
09-18-2008, 10:50 PM
call jegs or summit they'll fix you right up. so you no your getting the real thing..there both good they may even tell you what you need and you may even tell you what to get at parts store.

Add your comment to this topic!