Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting Problems

vpracer
09-15-2008, 10:03 AM
94 Intrepid 3.3L

I have problem with car starting in morning ... it will turn over and some time it will turn over a little and it just stops turning over like the battery is dead but its not and can repeat that over and over then it will just crank over if we leave car for a bit it will start and starts all day with no problem or if we just wait till middle of the day it will just start right up but in morning it gives us nothing but grief the car is a great running car and of course wife thinks i broke it lol :loser: if you have any ideas really apreciate it

Rob

vpracer
09-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Well from alot searching this forum seems like it could be a ignition switch ,well i bought one $66 canadian at the dealer..... didnt deploy airbag that was my biggest fear but i found out once battrey is disconnected it takes 2 min to lose power the reserver power to airbag module after i seen that i was good to go need 3 sizes of torx screws remove tilt arm take lower and upper case cover off just behind wheel let go of signal switch 2 torx screws gives you access to top screw of ignition switch remove plug off of switch take old one out and look at position of the hole and match new one in same spot (my new one was off a little and didnt wanna fit in) and put in and just back in hook up battery and ur good to go (tip lower cover is little hard to get off cause of key slot just gentle pull it over and u will have to move the tilt up and down to get to get top off and bottom off

if this works and car starts tomorrow morning ill repost that it worked (knock on wood)

vpracer
09-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Well repair was a sucess car started up with no problems i hope this helps any one with same problems

tempfixit
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
thanks for posting your procedure and fix.

Add your comment to this topic!