Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Progress; New Castrol Celica Rallye Cross

k_dog
03-14-2003, 09:05 AM
The project that put all others on hold

flyonthewall
03-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Should be interesting. Are the decals taken from the Tamiya Monte 93 celica kit?

k_dog
03-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Some, they will be a mix of decals between the Celica and the Corolla

k_dog
03-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Heres where I got my inspiration...thanks Ray!!!

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/670419NewCastrolCelica1.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/786426NewCastrolCelica2.jpg

Dr.AK
03-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by k_dog
Heres where I got my inspiration...thanks Ray!!!

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/670419NewCastrolCelica1.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/786426NewCastrolCelica2.jpg

ugly :bloated: if you dont take such ugly wheel combinations and no extralamps on the front it should be interesting though...

k_dog
03-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Dr.AK

ugly :bloated: if you dont take such ugly wheel combinations and no extralamps on the front it should be interesting though...

The wheels are that way because the car has a FR drivetrain as opposed to AWD. Auxilary lamps are part of night races. You try driving through a forrest at night at 100 mph....;)

Brian

Dr.AK
03-14-2003, 09:52 AM

The wheels are that way because the car has a FR drivetrain as opposed to AWD. Auxilary lamps are part of night races. You try driving through a forrest at night at 100 mph....;)

Brian

yes, but it looks butugly :D

k_dog
03-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Just so you are satisfied...I wont be doing that w/the wheels anyway...;)
I will be putting 5spoke Enkei Wheels on it that are very similar to the rear wheels in the pics....and they will be white, not green:)
Brian

zerrocool
03-14-2003, 09:58 AM
CWTF

freakray
03-14-2003, 10:18 AM
You going to go for this look then Brian?

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/13284549887_1.jpg

As Brian has said(he learns quickly;) ) the car in the photos is FWD.....the Esso Ultraflo Celica's are the same when it comes to the wheels, it has a lot to do with traction - I guess they are more worried about function then they are looks....

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/250072celica21.jpg

k_dog
03-14-2003, 10:24 AM
No Ray, as much as I like the Movistar Celica, I had that pic saved on my cpu and slowly realized how many body mods we're on that. So I figured I'd stay accurate to the real pic you showed me. Thats why I'm mixing the Celica and the Corollas Decals.
Brian

freakray
03-14-2003, 10:27 AM
I was meaning the wheels ;)

I have this same project in the back of my mind, but have to decide how I want to do it and what look to go for.....

k_dog
03-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah...the wheels are from the Evo. V WRC....
Brian

Blowncivic1320
03-14-2003, 11:40 AM
That is gonna be a cool project cant wait to see it done...good luck

Hash_man
03-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a sweet project man, I like it cuz its so original too. I am workin on my celica, and I'm planing on making it like a GT style race car, I just need to find some good decals for it. Im trying to make a GT wing and im using Fujimi TE37 18" rims.

tyju32602
03-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Can't wait to see how it turns out....Just like I can't wait to see how all your other unfinished models turn out....;)

Julie

Diesel2NR
03-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Didn't Ray think of this project a couple months ago. Stealing other's ideas just isn't cool, dude :mad: I know he told me he was going to do this a good while back.

k_dog
03-16-2003, 04:55 PM
DAMMIT JOHN THIS REALLY HAS ME ANNOYED TO HELL!
WHY DONT YOU CHECK MY REGISTRATION DATE ON BOTH OF THE SITES?!?! IF YOU DO YOU WILL FIND THAT I REGISTERED A LITTLE OVER A MONTH AGO, IN ESSENCE, NOT KNOWING RAY WAS DOING THIS PROJECT!!!! YOU REALLY HAVE ME OVER THE EDGE W/THIS ONE. WHY DONT BUG SOMEONE ELSE ABOUT "STEALING IDEAS"

Diesel2NR
03-16-2003, 05:00 PM
I COULDN'T GIVE A [website edit] ABOUT WHEN THE [website edit] YOU SIGNED UP! YOU THINK YOU BEING ANNOYED BOTHERS ME?? MY FRIEND'S IDEAS BEING STOLEN ANNOYS ME TOO! SO [website edit] OFF :mad:

freakray
03-16-2003, 05:01 PM
DAMMIT JOHN THIS REALLY HAS ME ANNOYED TO HELL!
WHY DONT YOU CHECK MY REGISTRATION DATE ON BOTH OF THE SITES?!?! IF YOU DO YOU WILL FIND THAT I REGISTERED A LITTLE OVER A MONTH AGO, IN ESSENCE, NOT KNOWING RAY WAS DOING THIS PROJECT!!!! YOU REALLY HAVE ME OVER THE EDGE W/THIS ONE. WHY DONT BUG SOMEONE ELSE ABOUT "STEALING IDEAS"

Easy up Brian, I didn't say anything and there is no need to be rude to John.
You registered in Jan on BMC, and since then I have mentioned this project to you, but I didn't say anything to not cause any problems.
I told you about it a couple of weeks ago on Yahoo IM, so you did know I was planning it, as did John since I discussed it with him around the same time.
You are doing the project now, so I wasn't going to bother with it......

There is no need for anyone to fight about it, understand?
It is your project now.....

k_dog
03-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Forget it...I dont even want to do it now.....ta hell w/this thing.
You do the fucking thing, they'd much rather fucking see it from you anyway....fuck this shit...
Brian

freakray
03-16-2003, 05:06 PM
You do the fucking thing, they'd much rather fucking see it from you anyway....fuck this shit...
Brian

Brian, please don't react like that, I have so many other projects to do anyhow, and I think it would be good to see something like this from you.
You have a lot of imagination and creativity, so why don't you do it?

Stop being stupid, like I said, I didn't bring it up because I think it is your project to tackle now. Why would it make any difference if you or I do it?

Diesel2NR
03-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Brian

No need for all the cursing, Brian...and actually, I would like to see it from Ray...considering it was HIS idea and all:devil:

k_dog
03-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 94 Mustang GT
Didn't Ray think of this project a couple months ago. Stealing other's ideas just isn't cool, dude :mad: I know he told me he was going to do this a good while back.

It seems to make a difference to everybody else who does the damn thing. I got the idea when tyler broke the body to the Corolla and I didnt want the parts and decals to go to waste. It's just something I thought of and I didnt EVEN think of remembering you telling me you wanted to do it. I'm serious, I dont even want to do the stupid thing now.

k_dog
03-16-2003, 05:15 PM
oh yeah...and thanx alot for making me look like a jackass on both of the sites....

Diesel2NR
03-16-2003, 05:18 PM
oh yeah...and thanx alot for making me look like a jackass on both of the sites....

:D You're welcome. Anytime:devil:

daggerlee
03-16-2003, 05:24 PM
What the hell was that all about? :mad: I want to see that Celica finished, k dog, screw what anybody else thinks!

k_dog
03-16-2003, 05:24 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/651645Cnv0006.jpg

THERE!!! ARE YA FUCKIN HAPPY NOW.......WHY DONT YOU FUCKIN DIE!

k_dog
03-16-2003, 05:25 PM
No Dan....lets see Ray fuckin do it now....

Diesel2NR
03-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Now you even stole Ray's idea of how to rid yourself of model car bodies!!!:D

G60 Kid
03-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Wow, you guys are mature. Just build whatever you want. If you dont want ideas stolen, dont talk about them. Simple. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

freakray
03-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by G60 Kid
Wow, you guys are mature. Just build whatever you want. If you dont want ideas stolen, dont talk about them. Simple. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Too late to tell me that now, but I have learnt.....

daggerlee
03-16-2003, 05:55 PM
This thread is the saddest I have ever seen here on AF....

I hope you guys are happy! :mad:

k_dog
03-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by daggerlee
This thread is the saddest I have ever seen here on AF....

I hope you guys are happy! :mad:

Im not, and quite frankly I dont give a crap anymore about these things

Diesel2NR
03-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Sorry, Dan. I just don't like for people who are trusted with ideas to run off and steal them before the person who came up with it can start his project. Seems like a low blow to me.

Modelcargarage
03-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Dont talk smack alright Brian wanted to do this project so he started it you didnt have to go and be a fag about it brian is a wel; respected modeler you didnt have to come into this thread if you didnt want to see this brian you should have never cam here in the first place and 94mustang i will be reporting you for agitation to other modelers
Thank you

zangief
03-16-2003, 07:06 PM
u guys are fucking fucked up...if i knew u in real life i would prob beat the shit out of u fucks already.....k_dog did it .....so stfu and do ur own shit .....u can fucking do whatever the fuck u want ......and now ima do every fucking project u fucking idiots...try to do ...u fucked up fgts

i dont know why u talk to retards like that, k_dog!!!!!!!!

well not the guy who also wanted to do the celica(ray) i think....so fuck the rest and do what u please :)

tyju32602
03-16-2003, 07:11 PM
I just don't understand how people can ruin other peoples mood by doing stupid shit....if someone wants to do something...then they should do it...not get bashed for "stealing other peoples ideas"...I am sorry...that is messed up....

k_dog
03-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by zangief
u guys are fucking fucked up...if i knew u in real life i would prob beat the shit out of u fucks already.....k_dog did it .....so stfu and do ur own shit .....u can fucking do whatever the fuck u want ......and now ima do every fucking project u fucking idiots...try to do ...u fucked up fgts

i dont know why u talk to retards like that k_dog!!!!!!!!

well not the guy who also wanted to do the celica(ray) i think....so fuck the rest and do what u please :)

Originally posted by Modelcargarage
Dont talk smack alright Brian wanted to do this project so he started it you didnt have to go and be a fag about it brian is a wel; respected modeler you didnt have to come into this thread if you didnt want to see this brian you should have never cam here in the first place and 94mustang i will be reporting you for agitation to other modelers
Thank you

Thank you both....
Brian

joecwlaw
03-16-2003, 09:51 PM
brian, let's fix your celica and finish it. I really looking forward to see the finished kit.

about the issue of "stealing idea", i dont want to create more conflict here, but i think even though the projects are the same among ppl, there will be some differences among the finished kits by different people (for example: such as rims, color for brakes, exhaust, etc.......)......so just calm down and did what you like. (no offense to anyone here :))

i hope to see ppl here share tips and ideas......and make nice and good kits......

:licker: :licker: :licker:

tazdev
03-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by joecwlaw
i hope to see ppl here share tips and ideas......and make nice and good kits......

I agree.

How about if you want to use someone elses ideas first ask them if it is alright and then go form there.

This site should be for helping each other not ripping each others ideas or "projects" to bits.

This thread makes me so :mad: and the last pic of K_dogs makes me :cry:

ales
03-16-2003, 10:34 PM
How about I close this thread.

How about I don't see posts like this, full of hate, swearing, and flaming other members again?

Add your comment to this topic!