Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Killed a tricked out tiburon

MZR_47
09-13-2008, 10:55 PM
In the spirit of that dead thread coming back from the dead, I decided to race a green wide-body kit Tibby in town. Mostly visual mods, pretty rice. So you could define it as "tricked out"

He was doing flybys all night, and we were messing with HPtuners so we werent looking for a race. But I got sick of him flooring it in my ear every ten seconds, so I decided to race him. He tries another flyby, gets to my door, and I go WOT from a thirty.

His pull stops instantly. He continues the flybys until we catch a light, and I ask if he wants to race. After some coaxing he agrees.

To sum it up, from a 30 we put atleast 12 cars on him. He didnt flyby us no more :rofl:

TorchedStealth
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Post up the video we got! Or I can when I get home...fun times. Kinda funny how he was the passenger in the tib that we killed in troys car

MZR_47
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/osiris555/th_tyler_vs_tibby.jpg (http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/osiris555/?action=view&current=tyler_vs_tibby.flv)

tada. crappy cell video, but you get the point.

CassiesMan
09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
An old friend of mine had a Type R Lexus ES300 (loooooooooong story. Well, not realy, I just don't feel like telling it, but there are pictures around here of it). With nothing more than a cut up airbox and K&N drop in intake, we put about four or five cars on a Tibby (older one, mind you). Ever since that day, Hyundai has gotten no respect from me. When you are slower than what basically amounted to a 2000 Toyota Camary? Yeah, you suck.

MZR_47
09-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I didnt look back at the tibby, so when I saw how ridiculously fast his lights were dropping back, I pretty much lost all respect for tibbys.

But getting a bus put on you by a flashy camry is grounds for suicide.

L8 APEKS
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
You know, they aren't rocketships...but I do like them. I rode in a friend's V6. VERY nice ride, nice torquey powerband, I think it was 181/181.

Not sure what kind of aftermarket they have, if any. But I would think a turbo on that engine would be pretty fun!

TorchedStealth
09-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I actually kind of raced a turbo Tib last spring. There were 4 poeple in my car and only the driver in his and he took off first and I slowly stopped his pull and slowly started pulling back by 100. That was when I was stock also. I wasnt too impressed, but I guess it wasnt that slow either

L8 APEKS
09-20-2008, 03:15 PM
It was probably a Turbo 4 cyl, as the Turbo V6 will easily make 300+.

TorchedStealth
09-21-2008, 02:23 AM
It was probably a Turbo 4 cyl, as the Turbo V6 will easily make 300+.

No it was a V6. I actually kind of know the kid now, he sold it and bought a 600whp EVO from georgia! But yeah it was a v6 but I don't know what kit or how much boost he was running.

Add your comment to this topic!