Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

converting a 77 nova

embedded0ne
09-12-2008, 01:14 AM
hey im looking into buying a 77 nova four door. There's really nothing wrong with it at all and its a total steal. I was wondering if i could have the body done to make it look more like an SS like the 69' models? is this possible, and how much would it cost me ?
thanks!

MrPbody
09-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Well, to use a phrase Pop taught me at a young age, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear..."

There is no way, short of pulling the radiator cap and driving one under it, to make a '77 4-door LOOK like a '69 2-door.

I would suggest, rather than "settling" for something you don't really want, save your money and wait for a good deal on the car you actually DO want. It's not like Novas are REAL expensive like Camaros and Chevelles. I know the value has increased some in recent past, but they're still not up to "collector car" value. Patience pays. One will come along you can afford.

Jim

rdbosse
10-20-2008, 08:10 PM
oh hell yes... wait for that 68 or 69 whatever... you will find one...
you can find an okay one for 6000-10000, not ss, but still.
converting it or what ever will NOT be the way to go, expensive, hard, and rediculous

Dennis321
03-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Don't do this, unless you plan to keep it forever and never ever want to see a penny of what you put into it back. No one is ogin to ever pay big bucks for a 4 door Nova, no matter waht you do to it, especially not a 77. Hang on to find what you really want before you get in too deep on somethign that's just not worth it.

Add your comment to this topic!