No Power At The OBD-II Connector

odie241
09-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Hey everyone,I have no power to the obd-II connector on a 2000 cavalier,i checked all of the fuses,its a 4 pin connector,and i tested the leads with a power probe,ground on all 3,except one,and it niether has power or ground,its a orange wire,am i missing a fuse somewhere?i checked the fuses in the driverside dash,and under the hood.scanner works on other veihicles,just not this one,check engine light is on,not running rough or anything,probably a 02 sensor,but i want to be sure,

roger0520
10-23-2008, 08:45 AM
there is a diagnostic way to figure that out if the pcm or obd2 fuse is okay then it is either the wiring to it or the pcm itself i would get a book for the wiring diagram and go from there

brcidd
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
The orange wire is on circuit "40" - it should be battery hot-- uses the "CIG" fuse in your IP fuse block inside car. Does your cigarette lighter work?

Indy Tech
10-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone,I have no power to the obd-II connector on a 2000 cavalier,i checked all of the fuses,its a 4 pin connector,and i tested the leads with a power probe,ground on all 3,except one,and it niether has power or ground,its a orange wire,am i missing a fuse somewhere?i checked the fuses in the driverside dash,and under the hood.scanner works on other veihicles,just not this one,check engine light is on,not running rough or anything,probably a 02 sensor,but i want to be sure,

Your OBD II connector is a 16 pin connector under your drivers side dash near your legs if you have no power check your fuse left side of Dash if i remember it was the dome light fuse ?

Jacfourteen
10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
The orange wire is on circuit "40" - it should be battery hot-- uses the "CIG" fuse in your IP fuse block inside car. Does your cigarette lighter work?
I have the same exact prob in my 97 z and my cig lighter has stopped working also. I checked the fuse in the dash and it tested good, and I checked and there is power to the hot side of the fuse. anything else that I should check or just start tracing wires. At least I now know that these issues are related, I never would have guessed that. Thanks in advance!

odie241
10-27-2008, 12:38 AM
ok thanks for all of the info,i will check into that on tuesday,i will let you know what i find out,thanks again,Odie

Add your comment to this topic!