95 Dodge 1500 4x4 problem

gerhand44
09-08-2008, 04:31 AM
I think 360, with over 200,000 miles. I tried to pull my boat out of the lake and had the rear wheels in about 6 inches of water, front wheels on wet sand out of the water. Could not get the boat out because right rear wheel would just spin and got not no traction from other 3 wheels. Anyone have suggestions on whats wrong? Thanks, Jerry

rockwood84
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
unless the water shorted out the rear speed sensor on top of the punkin . try getting in some gravel and put in 4 wheel and see if all 4 spin. as the rear and front each have a speed sensor.

gerhand44
09-09-2008, 12:36 PM
unless the water shorted out the rear speed sensor on top of the punkin . try getting in some gravel and put in 4 wheel and see if all 4 spin. as the rear and front each have a speed sensor.

I'll try that this weekend and let you know. Thanks, Jerry

angus10
09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
There is no speed sensor on the front! (unless it has front ABS)And even if it did it has nothing to do with 4 wheel drive operation. Only speedometer and ABS. Are you sure you got it into 4 wheel drive? Somtimes even if the lite is on it's not locked in. And depending on which differentials you have it is normal for only one wheel front and rear to spin. Check the vaccum hose going to the CAD on the front and make sure nothing there is out of order also.

gerhand44
09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
There is no speed sensor on the front! (unless it has front ABS)And even if it did it has nothing to do with 4 wheel drive operation. Only speedometer and ABS. Are you sure you got it into 4 wheel drive? Somtimes even if the lite is on it's not locked in. And depending on which differentials you have it is normal for only one wheel front and rear to spin. Check the vaccum hose going to the CAD on the front and make sure nothing there is out of order also.

The actuator shaft was frozen, so I fixed it to stay in constant 4 wheel drive. Works great now. This truck is'nt going to be used on the road anymore, just some lite duty work pulling out boats, docks, and lifts. Thanks for all the help, Jerry

Add your comment to this topic!