p1137? air fuel metering what does it mean?

birar
09-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I have a 98 grand prix GTP with a k&N intake 3.4 pully reprogrammed PCM headers and 3inch full exhaust i was just driven it normal and ses light lit up so a read the code it was a manfacture code and i think it was a p1137 I cleared the codes but i wanna know what it means and how i can fix it when it comes on again it said below the code (air fuel metering) has anybody else had the same code?

BNaylor
09-06-2008, 07:27 PM
That is weird. This is a very uncommon DTC and you are probably the first to ever post here with the issue. Technically your PCM module should not be generating that particular DTC. :screwy:

It is an extended GM odb-ii code and from general info on all possible DTCs it means:

P1137 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 2 Lean System or Low Voltage

Which is weird since the post CAT 02 sensor really has nothing to do with A/F mixture. All it does is monitor CAT converter efficiency. But I guess it could have low voltage.

Do you have the post CAT 02 sensor installed and not inhibited via PCM programming?

JonJon68
09-06-2008, 07:28 PM
"P1137 HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 2 Lean System or Low Voltage". If I'm not mistaken, it's a problem with your 2nd/down stream
oxygen sensor. Someone with more knowledge can correct and/or expand on this.

JonJon68
09-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Bob, we must have answered this at the exact same time...Yikes

BNaylor
09-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Bob, we must have answered this at the exact same time...Yikes

Hi Paul. How are you? I guess we both have nothing better to do. :lol:

JonJon68
09-06-2008, 08:15 PM
LoL, not me, staying in this evening. Waxed my car a little earlier. Like the squirrels up here, I'm preparing for Winter a little early. :evillol:

tblake
09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
i'll pay you to wax mine..... even provide the wax and rags.....

birar
09-07-2008, 03:27 AM
it is really weird because when i ordered the the reprogramed PCM I ordered it with the rear o2 delete so i wouldnt have 2 run a converter or a downstream o2 and its been in the car for almost ayear already im gonna check the code again 2mrrw the ses light came back on i was hopen it was a fluke, of course im not that lucky maybe i rememberd the code wrong because i didnt write it down when i scaned it earier 2 day i will reply another post later 2 let u guys know if i entered the wrong code but either way its a uncommon code ik THAT THIS IS SO GAY! UH CARS R A PAIN IN THE ASS!

JonJon68
09-07-2008, 09:06 AM
i'll pay you to wax mine..... even provide the wax and rags.....

Haha, I owe you one anyway Tim. But I ain't driving any more North than I have to...

BNaylor
09-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Since the SES light came back on obviously you have some issue. What brand or type odb-ii scanner are you using?

tblake
09-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Haha, I owe you one anyway Tim. But I ain't driving any more North than I have to...

I understand!

I need to take a day off and just clean and wash and wax my car. Its hard because I get to choose my schedule and I can work 6 day weeks. I like that extra money, so I always try and put in the extra hours.

BTW, you dont owe me anything. :nono:

birar
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
a scantron i think wat ever advanced auto uses and i read the code again 2 day and i was wrong its a P1133 and it said air fuel metering any ideas?

BNaylor
09-07-2008, 01:01 PM
It is an issue with the front (pre CAT) 02 sensor. Insufficient activity. Poor L/R and R/L switches.

birar
09-07-2008, 11:36 PM
so does that pretty much mean I need a upstream front o2 sensor because its getting slow? I also have some mechanic friends that say i should get a ac delco o2 because the aftermarket ones a garbage and dont work properly? wat do you think?and what does poor (L/R and R/L switches mean?)

BNaylor
09-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I agree with that advice. The Delco part number for the front 02 sensor is AFS109. Lean to rich and rich to lean switching times. Basically meaning you have a flaky or lazy 02 sensor.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

birar
09-08-2008, 12:16 AM
alrite thanx i will let u know how it turnes out gotta scrape some money up for it though prolly round 100 for a gm o2 sensor

birar
09-13-2008, 08:39 AM
put a new delco o2 in car works pefect and the lite went off

BNaylor
09-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Good job and thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

Nancy Klassen
12-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Surprise! Yesterday, my 02 Pontiac Sunfire failed BC's "AirCare" prior to renewing my annual car insurance. Not because anything else was wrong but because ICBC now has the ability to monitor whether the codes have been dumped. I was told to come in have this done by the dealer each 2nd anniversary year prior to going for the test because "the engine light is always on due to the fuel door having the rubber hose sensor broken." We have spent considerable money immediately upon purchasing the vehical and prior to this event trying to determine how this could be fixed with none of it allegedly on the warranty the car still carried. The codes are P1137, P0137, P0138, P0140, & P0141 consistently. All of these refer to Bank 1 Sensor 2. Additionally, in following through at what these were by the helpful manageress of the AirCare station, I was told that the 02 Sensor Circuit had "low voltage;" plus 02 Sensor Circuit had "high voltage," 02 Sensor had "no activity detected," and 02 Sensor Heater Circuit had a "malfunction and all on Bank 1 sensor 2. She said we couldn't pass the car without this being fixed in the next three months. Now what? Oh yes, she also said that if it is the reason that the code is coming up that the manufacturer is at fault because in Canada the fuel door is not supposed to be an aspect of enviro monitoring of the catalytic convertor????

Add your comment to this topic!