Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

84 Blazer 2.8L Distributor performance

kpitman
09-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Just got this thing. I am changing out all of the vacuum lines. (THEY ARE SHOT). And this things runs rough after new plugs, wires, dist. cap. and rotor. So I am fixing the vacuum lines.

In front of the carb. are two small valves. One is the dist. vac. reg. that connects to the carb. This is in line connected to the dist. vac. delay valve. They are both small and run by air. They obviously are important and should they be changed and last are they a factory part.

Thanks.

blazes9395
09-08-2008, 11:34 PM
i don't understand what you are asking. Are the vaccuum lines factory part, or is the vacuum solonoid the part you are talking about? Has the timing been adjusted properly, or checked for that matter? Does it run rougher when its cold/hot?

kpitman
09-09-2008, 04:36 PM
It runs rough hot or cold. Right now I am replacing the vacuum lines and have done so. I don't understand your question. My post refers to the two small inline vacuum valves coming off the front of the carburator. I am not going to adjust the timing till I have all of the air squared away. My question concerns those two small valves. It is all a moot point right now anyway. The starter went out and MAN it has a bar underneath the frame that HAS TO BE REMOVED to replace the starter.

blazes9395
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I see what your saying, I agree first you need to get the lines sorted out and functioning properly to get it to the point where its ready to be tuned. Those valves can be purchased from a parts store, but you can check them, if they are passing vacuum properly and not clogged, they should be alright.

As for the starter, it can be a little difficult to get to, but should be able to be removed without removing a lot of things. I don't remember on the 2.8, but the 4.3's, it can be done without removal of any major parts. The 4.3 is a bigger engine, but I don't remember on the 2.8.

Let us know how it goes.

Add your comment to this topic!