Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.4 DOHC A/C Issue

JaseVaughn
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
As you can see from the title I am having an Issue in my 1999 Cavalier Z24. Here is the scope of the issue I am having.

After driving the car for a long time without ever bothering with the A/C yesterday I finally decided to try and recharge the system. So I bought the R-134a can and the hose and recharged it to the proper level it was suppose to be at. When I charged it the compressor kicked on and everything was working it was taking the R-134a. Now comes my new problem with it. Upon inspecting the vents in my car. Cold Air is only coming out of the Left Drivers side Vent. All the other vents on the car are just blowing normal tempature air out of them. So that tells me the charged worked and the system is putting cold air out , but like I said it's only coming out of the Drivers side Vent and not the others. I also try changing the settings from Vent to floor and vice verse. The bottom vent on the driver side gets cold air as well. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

inafogg
09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
does it due the same thing with the heat ie hot air only coming out the 1 vent.it sounds like the duct may not be connected properly

brcidd
09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Not enough refrigerant in the system- evaporators have 3 separate parralel cooling sections- the first to cool on yours is feeding the driver's side- and since it is still low the last to cool can't- and it feeds the passenger side. How much refrigerant did you add? You had to be nearly dead flat to have no cooling at all- so two cans would be a minimal charge- if so- add more refrigerant

Add your comment to this topic!