1996 Lincoln Continental

bluesboyst
09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi,
The turn signals do not work on a 96 continental. I was looking for the flasher but cannot find it. Does this not have a flasher? Anyone out there know what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Seve

danielsatur
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
If you don't have an owners manual for this car,you might be able to
get one on Ebay!

Take your time to get to know her,she has alot of Bells + Whistles!

MCGIVER

Towncar
09-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Correct, there is no flasher.. the LCM (lighting control module) handles this feature. The LCM could be bad, but more likely something less expensive.

A few things to check..
Make sure the Hazard lamp switch is completely off.. toggle it a few times to make sure.
Check every bulb, they all may be burnt out.
Check all the related fuses, looking is not enough.. power test them.
Last.. if all else fails.. your Multi-Function Switch might be dead. This is the switch assembly under the steering wheel where the flasher arm connects.

Hi,
The turn signals do not work on a 96 continental. I was looking for the flasher but cannot find it. Does this not have a flasher? Anyone out there know what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Seve

bluesboyst
09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi , thanks for the info. Is the Multi function switch easy to access?

thanks,

Steve

Towncar
09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Is the Multi function switch easy to access?

Yes it is.. with the right tools. The Steering Wheel needs to be pulled off, usually this involves a steering wheel puller. Caution to the air bag..

You can get a 1996 FSM from my web page that'll explain the job.. plus you might need one down the road.. click my forum name and follow that to my webpage, if you're interested.

Add your comment to this topic!