Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01' GT Blown Radiator Hose

brandon930
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Hello everyone! I appreciate your help in advance so much. My 01' gt blew a hose the other day during normal acceleration taking off from a stop light. It was the hose in the back of the engine on the left side. The hose actually broke a plastic piece off that it sits on. The plastic piece looks like it sits on the block and sticks straight up for the hose to go over. Im not sure what that piece is. If anyone can help me there it would help a lot. Im also curious if I can pick that piece up at an auto zone or if that is a specialty order. Thanks a lot!

brandon

rhandwor
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
I would pull the plastic piece from the hose and from the intake. I think you are talking about a plastic piece for the heater hose. Ford used some Gates quick lock fittings. Take the parts to a parts store and ask. Napa buys from Gates. Other stores may have something that will work. As you need the car if they don't have it go to the Ford or Mercury dealer surely they will stock it.
If it threads in buy a metal fitting at the parts store for heater hose. I'm not 100% sure what you broke.

Add your comment to this topic!