Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

*YIKES* Oil all in engine compartment thru air clearer..

kpitman
09-02-2008, 08:05 AM
WOW..... picked this up from a friend. 1984 S10 Blazer (2.8 V6). Drained out a gallon of oil in crankcase before driving it over. (not kidding - guy said it had a leak and he kept on adding oil.) Oil had a goldish tint in it. ALL of the air filters were trashed. Changed them all. Had a over heating problem and fixed that and was taking it for a drive when this thing started smoking. Pulled over, looked under hood, and insides were splattered with this gold oily substance. It looked like gold paint. It came up thru the oil breather and filled up the air cleaner; then blew out thru the air intake. No loss in compression. Water level in radiator was full.

MT-2500
09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Did the oil have gas in it?
Smell it for gas smell and feel for gas in it..

kpitman
09-02-2008, 08:39 AM
No gas. No water either. Just a smooth creamy golden texture. What I am wanting to do drain this out put in new oil add some B12 chemtool to the crackcase run it for a bit then drain it out and install new oil and see what happens.

kpitman
09-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Did the oil have gas in it?
Smell it for gas smell and feel for gas in it..
My nose is bad. It might smell like there is some gas. After I let it drain for a few hours I noticed a small amount of water globuals.

MT-2500
09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Gas thins down the oil .
Water or coolant makes it a thick white gray milky color.

Airjer_
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Almost like chocolate milk when theres water in the oil.

Add your comment to this topic!