Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Accord EX ... sunroof?

Melt
03-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Ok, there is this guy at my school who claims he has an accord EX, but I see no sunroof which leads me to believe that it is probably an LX.

I know the 88-91 Civic EX sedan, the sunroof was an option and not standard ...

I have looked at the engine, and it looks identical to my moms REAL 91 accord EX ... so what do you guys think, was the EX badge slapped on or is this guy for real?

Duatone
03-13-2003, 07:19 PM
an accord does not have a sunroof unless its an EX model. and though them otor may LOOK the same, did you look closely to the block code? an Ex is an F22A--- (place aprop.# here).

strodda
03-13-2003, 08:30 PM
did he still have the stock dualtip exhaust? and the motor should say f22a4. and i believe the stock manifold is a 4-2-1.

Melt
03-13-2003, 08:37 PM
its a single tip which further leads me to believe its an LX

strodda
03-13-2003, 10:05 PM
im thinkin he's full of it. but just tell him to prove it. check the engine mount for the model. and whoever this guy is, if it is an lx, he's created a new level in the ricer game. what kinda idiot would switch badges, suggest to him he should go and get a v6 emblem too. OR even better, if its an ex, tell him to put on a lx tag... now thats a sleeper for ya... :D

sickhonda
03-14-2003, 05:37 AM
Only best bet is to run his Vin # on carfax.

jam4484
03-14-2003, 07:34 AM
If he doesn't have a sunroof then it is not an ex. And like said before the engines lok the same, but they aren't.

sickhonda
03-14-2003, 09:34 AM
To settle this issue, once and for all, I called my Uncle who used to work in the Honda Assembly Plant up in Canada, back in the old days. Of course, he found my inquiry very silly but I pretended that I'm doing a report. He verified that according to some assembly worker friends of his that they assembled a few 3rd Gen Accord EX and some SE model, by special request, without the sunroof. They simply used the LX body with all the EX or SE engine, engine components and upgrades. Very rare, created for dealership located in the upper north Canada. I'm guessing, maybe because of colder temp? Like buying a convertible car up in Alaska...makes no sense.

Like what I mentioned before, carfax report will provide the correct model number if you enter the actual Vin #.

As for the Canadians, buy four wheel drive vehicles instead...more room for your hockey sticks. :silly2:

sickhonda
03-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by sickhonda
Very rare

Still could be a SLAPPED ON EX badge!:bloated:

b16a3sol
03-14-2003, 10:22 PM
there are a lot of things to look for. start with the dual tip exhaust for ex, single for lx. sunroof usually gives it away, and as rare as it sounds, still seems to have some credibility. take a look at his rear speakers. 6x9 means ex, 6.5 means lx. f22a4 means ex, dont know the lx code though... allow wheels usually means ex, where as steelies with hubcaps means lx.

if he has any combination of at least 2 of those, it should be considered an lx. anymore just proves the point further. if it turns out to be an lx, this kid is a dumbass and should be hit in the eye. if its an ex, punch him in the eye for getting a crappy one without a sunroof.

hondaman-iac
03-14-2003, 11:45 PM
hmmm bull

90-93 Accord DX/LX engine f22a1
90-91 Accord EX/SE Engine f22a4
92-93 Accord EX & 93 SE Engine f22a6

my 92 lx came with a dual tip muffler.

EX/SE read disk brakes, tubular header, painted side molding, alloy rims
DX/LX fucking rear drums, iron cast manifold, black side molding, steelies

b16a3sol
03-15-2003, 08:56 PM
hate to burst your bubble hondaman-iac, but no accords came with disc brakes in the back. if your lx came with dual tips, its because the muffler was changed before you got it. the side moldings were black for all trims.

the wheels, exhaust manifold and motor codes are correct though, so you got that going for you.

93accordEX
03-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by b16a3sol
hate to burst your bubble hondaman-iac, but no accords came with disc brakes in the back. if your lx came with dual tips, its because the muffler was changed before you got it. the side moldings were black for all trims.

the wheels, exhaust manifold and motor codes are correct though, so you got that going for you.

Shall I go take pictures of my rear discs? Hes right, but its only 92-93 ex/se that had them, I don't think any 90-91's had them. also the side moldings were painted, I believe on the 10th anniversary editions and possibly se's too, but not on ex's.

sickhonda
03-16-2003, 08:25 AM
My 91 Accord SE comes with rear disc brakes. 90-91 comes with black side trims no matter what model, except for DX comes with black front and rear bumpers, that's how it was originally offered at the time. 92-93 EX/SE comes with same body color trims and as an option for LX, black remained the same for DX, except if same color bumpers were added as option.

b16a3sol
03-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 93accordEX

Shall I go take pictures of my rear discs? Hes right, but its only 92-93 ex/se that had them, I don't think any 90-91's had them. also the side moldings were painted, I believe on the 10th anniversary editions and possibly se's too, but not on ex's.

then i guess we are both right. i had a 90 ex, which is how i know what those had. i never realized they changed something that important between 91-92. i know the tail lights are different, and some other little aesthetic stuff, but i never knew about the brakes.

hondaman-iac
03-16-2003, 05:48 PM
did u know about the distributor and the ECU ? :D

93accordEX
03-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by sickhonda
92-93 EX/SE comes with same body color trims and as an option for LX, black remained the same for DX, except if same color bumpers were added as option.

Im 100% positive the ex's dont have body colored trim.

jam4484
03-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Well my 90 ex coupe has rear drums if that helps any. AlsoI know some of this body style accords have rear disks because I have seen them. Also what other differences are there?

Melt
03-19-2003, 07:12 AM
Aight, checked the engine and its an F22A1 ... he still insists its an EX ... sure :rolleyes: it has hubcaps :hehe: and single tip muffler

Melt
03-19-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by jam4484
Well my 90 ex coupe has rear drums if that helps any. AlsoI know some of this body style accords have rear disks because I have seen them. Also what other differences are there?

My moms 91 EX sedan also has rear drums, my friends 92 EX has rear disks though.

Add your comment to this topic!