Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Venture won't start intermittently

pandaskinner
08-30-2008, 08:47 PM
In the last few weeks I've had this happen twice where the vehicle starts to turn over but won't start, just makes a ticking sound, then it just displays the word ERROR on the CD display. The last time there was what looked to be a picture of a lock show up briefly on the icon display on the dash. I'm not sure if this has to do with the key not working but I tried it with both our keys and it didn't work but after awhile of trying the reprogramming sequence it started not sure if that did anything or just a fluke??

dewaynep
09-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Is the battery in good shape? Sounds like low battery and the computer is resetting itself thus making you reprogram the keys? In the time it took you to reprogram the battery recovered enough to start.

bigcoconut
09-03-2008, 06:45 AM
+1 Ditto... Everything runs on voltage on this van, and a low battery can trip a lot of otherwise good sensors. Take it into AutoZone or another good parts store who have the ability check the battery and alternator on the car. They can tell you if which one is going bad before you have to start taking things apart.

Add your comment to this topic!