Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Resale value of stolen car

tonyledenko
08-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I am looking to purchase a 2002 BMWi with 37,000 miles. Its looks like a great deal, they are asking 13,500. However, the owner said that the car was previously stolen.

He is going to call me within the next few hours to give me the VIN, so that I can run a Carfax.

My question is, what is the resale value of a car that is titled "salvaged" or stolen. How much less would the car be worth and how much should I offer?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Ray paulsen
08-31-2008, 08:07 AM
You can buy a salvage car way below market value but at same time you must understand a salvage is a vehicle thats been written off by the Insurance co... patched together declared road worthy with the title SALVAGE.

As for price, check autotrader with your zip code and enter the vehicle, you will most likely find many listed to give you an idea of price.

However having a SALVAGE title deduct about 60% and make sure all your personal Insurance policy's are up to date.

dansreply
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
salvage is a vehicle thats been written off by the Insurance company. so get ready in your mind for the upcoming probs.

Link removed by Moderator - unauthorized advertising

Add your comment to this topic!