Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

jkust a hello from a newbie...

mountainman1
08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Hello...i own a 1998 Mountaineer....my friends have called it a mountainqeer.:screwy: ..why i don't know...:confused: ..she has 136k on her and still looks good.NO RUST..had it for a short time..but i had a S-10 before this..i like the mountaineer much better...even though the the thing SUCKS gas..:crying: ..every 2 days i'm filling the tank it seems...she's red with gray bottom and running boards with a tan leather interior......she has the 5.0 and is AWD....just added a bug shield..and also a LUND WIND JAMMER TO THE BACK...painted it red to match...that brought the looks back to the SUV...everyone that has seen it...loves the look of it now..LUND said it wouldn't fit...guess they were wrong...anyone here that wants to wake up the looks of there mountaineer...i recommend this item..LUND says it is for the EXPLODER ONLY...HELLO...same tail gate.....also it will keep my rear window clear of dust and snow while driving....i have had some issues with it...when i hit the gas to get onto the freeways here...when i get to 3rd or overdrive...she's goes to like 4500 rpms and stalls there for a bit..then shifts...is this common among these suvs...??????also my remote mirror and door locks on the drivers door don't work...but the door lock on the passenger side does...and info on that as well, from anyone that has had that problem...getting ready to put new tires on her...thinking of YOKOHAMA H/T-S.......Seems to be good for deep snow and wear well from what i have read on tirerack.com...the mountaineer has them on now..but need to be replaced....any takes on these tires....????? sorry with the questions..but i'm new,.....i have to admit the SUV get's some looks now with the new items on her...next is a Gibson cat back exhaust, before the snow flies here...and new wheels/tires for her for spring and summer....

any help you all can give would be great....any of you find a way to get better then 16 mpg out of your AWD5.0.....

looking forward to getting to know you all...:feedback:

shorod
08-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Not sure what to tell you on the apparent slow shift. I'd start by checking the condition of the transmission fluid as well as the level (hot idling in park or neutral).

As for the driver's lock and power mirrors, I'd suggest you check the multi-wire joint in the driver's door jamb for broken wire.

-Rod

mountainman1
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
well i drained the fluid and replaced the filter....still does the looooooog shift under hard excelleration onto the freeway on ramps....hate to take her into the trans shop....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$........

Add your comment to this topic!