Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sheet metal parts supplier?

northern piper
08-30-2008, 03:29 PM
My 2000 3.8 needs a new rocker panel on the drivers side. Does anyone know of a place that sells aftermarket body panels/pieces like this?

Piper

wiswind
09-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I have seen a couple of places that sell them.....doing a google search on "windstar rocker panel".....mine are rusted...came through the past winter.

I would also check one of the online dealership parts sources.....the usually have you select "mechanical" or "body" parts at the begining of the process.
This should offer savings off the list price.....and give you something to compare the aftermarket price to.

northern piper
09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
replying to my own post, I found this place from my local ford dealership.
http://www.crosscanadaparts.com/

The common guy (or gal) can't order direct buy my local ford dealership has ordered the rocker panel and had it delivered for me to pick up at the cost listed on the web site. Pretty sweet if you ask me!

So, for those Canadians out there... here you go!

Piper

wiswind
09-02-2008, 08:49 PM
There ARE some good FORD dealership parts departments out there.
A local dealership routinely gave me a good 40% off.....without my asking.....and I was not in there a lot.
They have changed ownership.......so they now charge me full list price.
The online places (ford dealership's internet parts departments) routinely show the list price....and their price.
A very good place to look FIRST......so you don't spend more money for an aftermarket part.....that you though was saving you money over OEM.

Add your comment to this topic!