Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Firebird 2000 Security/alarm?

Cbierniat
08-30-2008, 01:50 AM
My buddy has a firebird and the alarm goes off if you do not turn the key forward in roughly 5 secs after unlocking the door.

ponchonutty
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Cool. What else does he have?

Cbierniat
09-07-2008, 04:10 AM
alright can anyone else besides this dueshe bag help me out... its an annoying problem.

He also has your g/fs virginity. hahaah

ponchonutty
09-07-2008, 08:42 AM
He also has your g/fs virginity. hahaah

Well tell him that he now has more issues!!

So, you actually are trying to ask how to fix this problem he has???? I thought it was just a statement. Sorry about that. What kind of alam does he have??? Find that out and I can help.

Morley
09-07-2008, 01:48 PM
alright can anyone else besides this dueshe bag help me out...
I can help you with spelling....its DOUCHE bag. What exactly is a due-she bag?

He'll need to get the manual for the alarm system and see what it has to say about the operation of the system.

ponchonutty
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Morely, thanks for the backup. I didn't want to go there with him on that since he's already got issues with me. Obviously this is a very simple fix but we'll have to wait for him to respond back.

Cbierniat
09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Can anyone help me with this security/alarm issue?

Morley
09-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Can anyone help me with this security/alarm issue?
NOT without knowing the brand and model of the alarm system. I'm psychotic NOT psychic.

ponchonutty
09-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Damn man!!! Answer the questions we've asked so we can get this ride back on the road!!!!!! We need to know the make and model of the alarm and also exactly what's going on with it. You mean this car hasn't been driven almost 2 weeks now???? If he needs to run it just tear open the knee knocker and look for the extra wiring and follow that to the alarm brain. Unplug the brain and he can drive it. If you want it fixed AND the alarm to work then you need to answer the question in sentence 2 of this post.

Dlacey82
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I was having a very similar problem with a 99 camaro. I recently read a bulletin that stated that some of the shock sensors put in around this time may have a cracked capacitor or improperly soldered connector wire, which will cause the alarm to go off when its not supposed to.

The part number of the bad shock sensor is 10430551 if it has that sensor then that is most likely the problem. It should be loctaed just above the spare tire in the hatchback area and the white sticker wrapped around it will have the part number. Disconnect the wiring harness to ther sensor and then see if it still does it.

If the problem is gone at this point then you can assume its a bad sensor and you will need to replace it with the phase three shock sensor. Part no. 10440241.

Hope this helps, let me know how it turns out.

I have spent a long time trying to figure this out and once I found out the info. about the shock sensor it was fixed within 5min.

Derek

Cbierniat
09-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Its the stock anti theft system. Not aftermarket. He has no keypad for keyless entry.

ponchonutty
09-20-2008, 01:34 PM
The disarm switch inside the door may no longer work hence the reason you can not disarm the alarm. Open up the driver's kick panel and look for the grey/black wire and test it to see if it goes to ground when you put the key into the lock and try to unlock it. You can tap this wire to ground to disarm the alarm if the switch inside the door doesn't work. Personally, I'd get a keyfob for the car because if it's got the alarm, it had keyless entry as well.

Add your comment to this topic!