Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Ford Contour Front Wheel Bearing Torque Specs?

Doug Bolton
08-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi all,

I am new here, and from what I see everything looks pretty cool. I am a licensed mechanic, but can no longer work as a mechanic due to an on the job injury. But I am able to lug through working on my own cars.

I have a 1998 Ford Contour and I am changing the front wheel bearing and I cannot find the torque spec anywhere on the net. Can anyone help me with this. If so, please post here and also email me at doug.e.bolton@gmail.com, as I am hoping to get this finished tomorrow in time to enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

beyondloadedSE
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Wheel bearing is pressed into the knuckle.

Are you talking about the axle nut tq spec?

Doug Bolton
08-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey all. Sorry for my faux pas, but I figured when talking about the front wheel bearing, I assumed the torquing of the axle nut would be understood. So that being said, I am looking for the torque spec for the front cv axle nut for a 1998 Ford Contour.

Thanks again.

Doug

beyondloadedSE
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey all. Sorry for my faux pas, but I figured when talking about the front wheel bearing, I assumed the torquing of the axle nut would be understood. So that being said, I am looking for the torque spec for the front cv axle nut for a 1998 Ford Contour.

Thanks again.

Doug

Tq spec is 210 ft/lbs. Be sure to put some lock tite on there as well.

Doug Bolton
08-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the info. Much abliged.

Doug

Add your comment to this topic!