Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Blazer: What next?

sonnyyy
08-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Ok, I have gone through many proccedures from the various advice on these posts.
Wires replaced, new plugs, changed oil, cleaned the EGR, adjusted throttle sensor(atleast I think)
Last night I disconnected the computer and reconnected today,
Started the truck, it idled like a dream, stepped on the gas and the rpm went up smooth returned to a smooth idle.
Backed it down a slopping driveway, put it drive, no accelarition, no power, brought it back up listened to a smooth idle in neutral stepped on gas rpm goes up engine accelarates, within 7 minutes of idling, (this is the 3rd time it has done this) there is a whining noise from underneath and the the egine idle drops and the engine stops.
When you try to start it again it turns over and wont start. Leave it for a 20 minutes and it starts again but let it idle and it'll repeat,
Acclerates great, idles smooth in neutral or park but after 7 to 10 minutes of running it dies ,, Ohh the whining sound goes on for a couple seconds after the engine dies and sounds like its coming from underneath, are of the exhaust or catalytic convertor.

sonnyyy
08-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Yepp sure enough, just tried it again, no accelarating power, smell of gas at the exhaust , just a smooth idle in park and rpm goes up smoothly.

frehol
09-02-2008, 04:40 AM
Check the cat, does it rattle? Mine broke up inside and parts of it blocked the exhaust pipe so it had no power...

//Frehol

sonnyyy
09-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Update,, with all the threats of it being the fuel injection system I took the plenum off, which did not take all that long and easier then it appears I see a puddle of gasoline.
Had my son turn the key on start, without turning over engine and sure enough the fuel pressure regulator was pouring gas out.
The price for a FPR is about $55 and $14 for a gasket for what was quoted as a $1000 dollar repair bill.

Add your comment to this topic!