Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

lowside
08-28-2008, 12:42 PM
My vehicle is getting harder and harder to start. The problem is fuel related the fuel pump sometimes does not want to prime when I try to start it. I have moved around some the Fuel relays at the PDC but the problem still exsists.

The question I have is this the first signs of the fuel pump going out?

Thanks Lowside.

dksob81
08-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Sounds like your fuel pressure regulator is stuck open and draining the fuel pressure back into the tank when it sits.

msdz
09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
I was also told and read that there is an O-ring gasket somewhere on or in the fuel pump that needs replacing that will allow the fuel to drain back into the tank as well. It is only like a .90 fix. Mine does this as well I just turn the key on and wait for a few seconds to make sure the fuel is pumped up enough before I even start cranking the engine over. My fuel pressure regulator apparently tested good according to the mechanic but I wonder if he tested it and maybe that is a lot of my other problems, doubt it though.

knelleken
09-12-2008, 12:39 AM
yep, drain back. just cycle the key on 15 sec. then off once or twice and call it fixed. that is, until the pump starts to fully go out. then replace it.

lowside
09-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info.

Add your comment to this topic!